Online student management portal
The future of education is here, and it's all about online student management portals. Know how our student management online portals are revolutionizing the online education system in schools and colleges.
With the rise of technology, online student management portals are becoming the new norm in education. Our portals offer a range of benefits for both students and educators, from easy access to course materials to streamlined communication and collaboration.
We have developed a student management online portal for students. There are four different user types in the “online Student management portal”, Super Admin, School Admin, Instructor, and Students. Each of these users has its own duties and functionality on the website.
- Super Admin: The system Super Administrators are allowed to perform all admin activities. The Super Administrator role also has the privilege to configure user administration. The super admin can view the overview of all user types and manage them. The super admin can manage the courses and the schools that are in the website database.
- School Admin: The school admin can be also defined as a normal admin who has all the rights of an admin. They can add, update or remove instructor and their details from the database. The school admin can add a student and edit their details such as their personal data. The school admin can add new course details and further edit or delete any course from the system.
- Instructor: The instructor has restricted rights in the system. They can only modify the teaching/learning material for the students. The instructor can update the course as well as the chapters within the courses which can be viewed by the students. The instructor can also view the student's progress by viewing the student list and further viewing their individual progress.
- Student: The user will have read-only access to all components of the product. The student will be able to view all the courses in one interface and further be able to access the courses and mark them complete/incomplete as they move forward within the course. This particular user type also has to mark their attendance and update their logbook which can be viewed by the instructors.
The search features:
We have developed the search features for Super Admin, Instructor, and School admin User types.
Each user type has its own list of features they can use the search filter for –
- Super Admin – Super Admin can use the search filter in Courses, Schools, Users, and Invoices components.
- Instructor – The instructor can use the search filter to search to find a particular student in the student list as well as find a course from the list of courses.
- School Admin – The school admin can search for an individual instructor from the instructor's list, search for an individual student from the student's list, search for a course from the list of courses, or search for invoices.
Our Experience with the development of a tracking system –
We have created a tracking system for Student Users and instructors. Students can mark and track their progress by marking the chapters within the course as complete. This will help to track the overall progress of the course with a percentage rate. And the same can be done by instructors. The Instructor can view and track individual students’ progress.
We have provided an integrated authoring environment for content creators i.e Super Admin, School Admin, and Instructors of Testflight, with a wide range of features with all required formatting to publish content for the students.
The users can perform CRUD operations i.e. Create new courses or chapters, read those courses or chapters, update the existing course or chapters as well as delete the unneeded content.
This module has been used for different purposes in School Admin, Super Admin, and Instructor interface. There are two types of status in the application i.e. Active and Inactive. If any of these users set any course or chapter on inactive status, it will reflect in the student's dashboard and the students won’t be able to see the particular course or chapter anymore.
The instructors can add chapters and keep the status of the chapter and keep the status of chapter as inactive then that chapter will act as a draft that will be only visible to the instructor.
In this module the users will get notified if there is any action taken within the system like if/when a course or chapters are updated. This module helps students, the school, and the instructor to stay in sync with each other's activities.
Clients' experiences with our student management:
- Students and teachers benefited from having a single location to coordinate academic activities
- It gives students the freedom to access course materials and communicate with professors and peers from any location with an internet connection.
- For educators, Our portals streamlined administrative tasks such as grading and communication, freeing up more time for teaching and student engagement.
We have designed wireframes, and algorithms for application build-up. As we followed the Agile process we divided application into multiple sprints .
Looking at the application requirement we categorized the sprint into 4 phases– Front End – we designed the application UX in Figma and handover to the front end team– Database – As this application holds millions of data plots. so, we scrapped required and essential data for database design purposes. Back End – As we have process and data structure in our mind at the place. we had designed multiple modules for operations, security, and application scalability .
- Our Development Team came up with the technical architecture followed by data flow design, process flow design, flow charts, and technical documentation
- We used PHP Tech Stack with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) which let “Plug in” to other Useful Features. Through our highly skilled and certified developers, we developed custom solutions and technical services on a wide range of requirements and thereby exceeding the client’s expectations. This has all been achieved through our efficient coding best practices, development processes, implementation guidelines, technical maturity & end to end delivery.
We performed a comprehensive test strategy since Mobile technology stack undergoes constant changes due to upgrades in web and mobile technologies. Our testing included exhaustive functional and non-functional testing, manual and automation testing besides performance and security testing. Our automated Testing and Performance Analysis ensured cross device testing and made the testing process quick, efficient, reliable, repeatable and reusable.
Comprehensive mobile testing coverage included the following:
- Functional testing based on various use case scenarios
- Cross Device Testing across various mobile devices
- Non-functional testing: Performance, stability, security and compliance
- Usability and compatibility testing